Work with Us
Our employees are dedicated to creating high-quality learning and play experiences for children and their families, educators and the community. We hire for a wide range of positions and seek applicants (who love kids) who possess the potential, enthusiasm and desire to join our team and further the Museum’s mission. Must be 18 or older to apply. Background check included before employment.
cMoe values a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. cMoe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager oversees aspects of the Guest Services department and the daily operation of the Museum floor with an emphasis on delivering a positive, efficient, playful, and fun visitor experience. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day scheduling, supervision, training and management of guest services staff (Play Guides). The position also assists with membership purchases and renewals.
The Manager works primarily on the Museum floor but the responsibilities includes some daily paperwork, cash accounting and reporting, and cash management of front desk and store. The position requires strong interpersonal, problem solving and de-escalation skills.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Education, Museum Studies or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a managerial role, supervising staff and fostering accountability
- Experience working in a high-volume customers service or retail setting
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality that enjoys working with adults and children
- Ability to be flexible and work in an evolving environment
- Ability to work as a committed team player
- Ability to create an environment where positive thinking and attitudes are valued and expected
- Must have the physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Play Guides deliver an exceptional guest experience by welcoming and interacting with guests in the public spaces of the Museum and maintaining clean and beautiful exhibits.
Schedule: Part-time, 16-20 hours/week; weekends included
Pay: $9.00 per hour
Basic Function: Play Guides are responsible for working as a team to support open-ended, child-directed play experiences within the Museum’s public spaces. Also responsible for providing all front-of-house functions (ticket and merchandise sales, restocking, information to guests, etc.), membership solicitation and fulfillment of our mission.
Please send questions, resumes or completed applications to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in the Koch Family Children’s Museum of Evansville. We look forward to receiving your application.