equity, diversity, and inclusion statement
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
cMoe is dedicated to a culture of inclusion that inspires children to value themselves and the unique qualities in each other through the provision of environments and experiences that foster cooperative play, inquiry, and self-discovery. The museum draws upon the strength of its broad service area to achieve institution-wide diversity in programs, activities, and operations.
The Children’s Museum of Evansville stands with the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) and their commitment to honoring, practicing, and promoting diversity and believes that the museum has a unique opportunity to do so by:
- Engaging children and families in exploring and appreciating their own cultures and the diverse cultures and lifestyles of others.
- Enhancing children’s cultural competence, necessary for their active and successful participation in an increasingly diverse and global society.
- Playing an active role in building inclusive communities through exhibits, programs, advocacy and partnerships that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities we serve.
- Enhancing staff and organizational capacity to attract, welcome, and serve a diverse audience and membership.
- Modeling their commitment by ensuring our board and staff at every level reflect and benefit from our diverse community.